Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Numbers Game

The Numbers Game: The Commonsense Guide to Understanding Numbers in the News, in Politics, and in Life The Numbers Game: The Commonsense Guide to Understanding Numbers in the News, in Politics, and in Life by Michael Blastland


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
The Numbers Game is a fascinating book about statistics in the media and how they can deceive, confuse and hopefully enlighten. The authors, who host a BBC radio show on the same topic, do a wonderful job collecting examples of statistics and how they can be misleading. Unfortunately, now I trust numbers in the media even less than I did, which wasn't much. I'd highly recommend this to anyone who reads or hears statistics in the media, which is just about everyone.


View all my reviews.

1 comment:

SnowLeopard said...

I thought they just made up all those numbers anyway. Ha!