Sunday, June 6, 2010

Reading percentages

I often get into discussions with people about what I'm reading, or what type of books I tend to read, I usually say that I read about 75% non-fiction. I got to wondering the other day if that was right, and decided to do a back-of-the-envelope calculation based on my lists of books I've been keeping since 2007. Here's how it came out:

2007: 45% non-fiction
2008: 72% non-fiction
2009: 62% non-fiction
2010 (so far): 64% non-fiction

Averaging 60.75% non-fiction. So in the future, I'll round it off and claim 60%.

1 comment:

SnowLeopard said...

In-te-resting! I wonder what percentage of non-fiction I read in a year? Not including picture books? Well that's a toughie. I read "Three Cups 0f Tea" this year, and that brings my count up to, um, one. :) Seriously though, I am reading more adult books at least! :)