Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Bookshelf

I'd been meaning to clean up our bookshelf for awhile, and a conversation at a dinner party a couple weeks ago provided the motivation to get started on it.

These are shelves that Mich built in to the room, providing us specific places for books, CDs and ohter stuff. I think she did an awesome job, but the mess of stuff on the shelves wasn't showcasing them well.

It had been organized generally by author, with an oversized collection and a couple other types of books split out. I decided to pull the fiction separate from the non-fiction, and make displays of my three main collections - Bond books, Tolkien, and Terry Pratchett's Discworld.

Here's an overview of the new shelf. Click through (from the link, not the photo) to Flickr and hover for notes:



The Bond collection:



The Tolkien collection:



And the Pratchett collection:



My collection of weird books:



And up on top of the shelf, our collection of trivia games:



(Sigh.) I love having books in order...

4 comments:

Gail said...

Looks great. Love the family pictures on the top shelf. Where are the cookbooks?

Turi Becker said...

Cookbooks are bottom center - except for the most used ones, which are still in the kitchen...

Anonymous said...

sounds like what an accountant would say

SnowLeopard said...

Ahhhhhh! Makes my heart sing with contentment to see such organization! Did I ever tell you that I love the red accent behind the white shelves? It really makes your collection pop, especially with the occasional bottle and figurine~ :)