Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Amber Spyglass


Took me a little while to finish this series up; seem to have been too busy to read there for awhile. Not that The Amber Spyglass didn't keep my attention - this was a great series, and just got better, book to book. Mich finished book 2, Subtle Knife, before I was done with the third, and was egging me on to finish it.
Wow, what to say about this one? Wildly imaginative, maybe a little predictable but with a couple of twists that took me nicely by surprise. If you've read my posts about the previous two books, you know that I'm not giving much up about them plot-wise. Sure enjoyed some of the new characters and concepts that were introduced in this one, though...

Book 35

1 comment:

SnowLeopard said...

I thought the concept of being able to "cut" into different worlds was really imaginative- I really liked the last one they ended up in, with the "bicycle people" and the natural roads- and how the entire ecosystem was linked together and dependent on each other to survive- the trees, the roads, the creatures. Although the ending, while necessary, still made me sad- so close, and yet still so far away on the park bench... Almost as bad as "Shabanu" by Suzanne Fisher Staples.