Monday, January 26, 2009

Fortunes

We had lunch at a favorite Chinese restaurant yesterday, Palais de Jade. Here were the fortunes from our cookies, in order that they were opened:

Turi:
Act like a role model. The younger is watching.
Very appropriate.

Julien:
An old love will come back to you.
Completely inappropriate.

Sofia:
I am always doing that which I cannot do in order that I may learn how to do it.
Fairly appropriate...

Mich:
For light, go directly to the source of the light, not any reflections.
Uhh... mystical?

1 comment:

SnowLeopard said...

I totally used to believe my fortunes as a kid. Until I saw them being sold in bulk at a Chinese grocery store where any Joe Schmo could buy them. I thought the making and picking of the cookies was a special affair, and that's why I got the fortune I did. Silly little child me. Another fantasy busted. Like unicorns, and the fact that I wasn't an adopted princess from another country. Too much family resemblance to be true...