Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Mental Floss History of the World

The Mental Floss History of the World: An Irreverent Romp through Civilization's Best Bits The Mental Floss History of the World: An Irreverent Romp through Civilization's Best Bits by Erik Sass


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
I bought this as a possible Christmas present, but ended up keeping it for myself. Glad I did, I really enjoyed it. The authors take (as the cover says) "an irreverent romp through history's best bits." Really, that's exactly what it is - a wide-angle overview of the history of civilization, with all civilizations covered. Snarky sidebars and fun references kept my interest up. I can't wait until my subscription to the mental floss magazine starts coming...


View all my reviews.

1 comment:

Gail said...

This looks like one I'd like to read. Time to do a library search and possibly make a request. What do the magazine and book have to do with each other, other than the title?