Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie

The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
I think the reason that I don't read a lot of mysteries is that there aren't a lot of mysteries out there like this. I completely fell for the protagonist, Flavia de Luce, an 11 year old chemistry prodigy from a down-at-the-heels aristocratic family. Set in 1950's England, it's filled with mind-boggling but somehow charming detail, and chronicles Flavia's thought process as she puzzles her way through clearing her father of a murder charge. Unfortunately, this book isn't out for a month or so; if it were available today, there are at least three people I would buy it for immediately.


View all my reviews.

No comments: