Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Boyz Trip 2009 - Beartooth Range - Part One

I have a group of friends that does a yearly backpacking/rafting/kayaking or whatever outdoors trip they call the "Boyz Trip." The last time I got to go on it was a couple years ago, when the did a big kayak trip to Alaska. This year ended up being a backpacking trip, which always seem to be my favorites, and the location was the Beartooth Range in southern Montana, just north of Yellowstone.

I could type pages and pages of description, but I'm going to rely on pictures to tell the story for me:



Met up in Portland and drove to Montana in a van and an ambulance that is registered as an RV, which means...



It can have a kegorator in the back.



Camped outside Bozeman...



Then headed into Bozeman to pick up people from the airport and do grocery shopping. Whole huge story here about lost luggage and missed flights, but eventually we all got organized and headed toward the trailhead.



Ambulance broke down. After much iPhoning, we located someone who could fix it while we were hiking, so we...



Lashed our gear to the roof of the van and...



All piled into the back.



Organized vehicle repair and shuttling with awesome garage in Gardiner, MT...



And continued on to our trailhead.

More later...

1 comment:

SnowLeopard said...

What an exciting and beautiful trip! I think I need to organize a Girlz Trip for next summer...

(not all the pictures showed up here for me, but the did in my Google Reader...weird)