Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Downhill Lie



I'm not a Carl Hiaasen reader, generally (I think I've read one of his books) but when I say this come in as an advance reader copy, I thought I'd give it a shot. This is the story if the author taking up golf again, after not playing for thirty years. It's pretty fun - his self-deprecating humor is perfect for describing his golf game, and his stories of his rounds and friends are entertaining. Some of the golf equipment that he tries out, though, is pretty silly. I'd have to imagine that some of the stuff he bought is only purchased by people looking to pad out a golf book... Anyway, short and fun, this would be a great book to buy in an airport for a trip.

Book 16

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Need to proofread this review; 3 words that would pass spellcheck, but not quite right.

Love these reviews, BTW, especially the cookbook. I'd have a hard time moving my antique planes from England to France, tho.