Friday, August 29, 2008

What I talk about when I talk about running

What I Talk About When I Talk About Running What I Talk About When I Talk About Running by Haruki Murakami


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
This is definitely a running book. I can't imagine a Murakami fan would want to read this (unless they were also a runner), but I found it a very enjoyable read simply because I am. This is an autobiography, centered around the author's life as an amateur runner. His simple philosophies are wonderfully explained through examples drawn from running and training. I found myself agreeing with him time and time again.


View all my reviews.

2 comments:

SnowLeopard said...

Glean any good tips on running/training you'd like to pass on?

Turi Becker said...

No, it's not a book of running tips, just a book about life, illustrated with stories from his running. But he seems to have a really level-headed attitude toward it.