Friday, November 7, 2008

A Race Like No Other

A Race Like No Other: 26.2 Miles Through the Streets of New York A Race Like No Other: 26.2 Miles Through the Streets of New York by Liz Robbins


My review


rating: 3 of 5 stars
A lot of running books out there lately. This is my second one about a specific race; I read one about Boston earlier this year. Well written and fun to read - flipped around between the history of the race, the battles between the leaders of the mens and womens races, and some great stories of people running at different paces throughout the race. I's organized by mile, so you get a feel of what parts of the city the race winds through.



This made me realize a couple thing: I've never run a race where you get to follow a blue line painted on the road, and noone's ever handed me one of those shiny blankets at the finish line. Are those East Coast things? Or just BIG race things?


View all my reviews.

No comments: