Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Lost Cosmonaut


Had the Granite Christmas party on Saturday night, and, for a number of reasons, made it back to the room early. Found I was just as happy sitting and finishing up a book as I was at the party. Oh well. Did finish up "Lost Cosmonaut" - kind of a weird read. One of those books where the blurbs and promotional material on the cover don't really give a good idea of the book. They made it sound like it was going to be the "manifesto of the anti-tourist" or something, when it was really just a slacker from Ireland living in Russia, taking irrelevant side trips and mooning about them. Actually, that's kind of harsh - I liked Kalder's writing style; how he jumps from insightful and poetic to Tarantino profane and back, and I may read something else of his if I see it, but this book just didn't seem to have a worthwhile point

No comments: