Friday, May 4, 2007

Good Omens


This was a reread, one of my gym books - Good Omens, by two of my favorite authors - Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman. This has been one of my favorite books ever since Mich recommended it - I grabbed it as a last-minute substitute when I couldn't find our copy of something else I was looking for. In brief: It's the story of a hilariously botched Armageddon, with a misplaced Antichrist, an Angel and Demon who would rather work together, and a 400 year old prophetess and her descendants. Pratchett and Gaiman work well together here, and the best phrase I can use to describe this book is relentlessly funny. I laughed (or at least smiled) about every other page. And that on approximately my 5th reading of it...

Book 25

1 comment:

SnowLeopard said...

I am also very much enjoying this book- and I have resolved to finally finish it next week, when I have a chance to breath and be myself again... Thanks for the recommendation! :)