Monday, August 13, 2007

Crooked Little Vein



Whew. This was a twisted book. Fun to read, but wow. Probably didn't help that I had to read it out loud in the car to Mich (no kids along for this reading experience.) It's the story of a down-on-his-luck private eye (an admitted "shit magnet") who is hired by the heroin-addicted White House chief of Staff to track down an "Alternate constitution of the United States", of extraterrestrial origin... Still with me? Yeah, it's kind of twisted. Factor in that one of the early capters is about testicular saline injections, and it's just slightly bizarre. Sweet, too, in it's own way. Just hope I don't recommend this to you - probably means I think you're kind of a freak. In a good way, of course...

Book 53

1 comment:

SnowLeopard said...

Have I told you lately that I love reading your reviews? This definately sounds weird, but interesting.