Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Eclipse cookies

For some reason, the people at work decided to have an "Eclipse Party" to celebrate the lunar eclipse that's happening tomorrow night. For some reason, the first thing that popped into my head was the classic New York Black and White Cookie. I've never actually had one, being a west-coaster and having never been to New York, but I've read and heard about them. If nothing else, the Seinfeld episode that featured them cemented them in my generation's popular culture. At any rate, I thought it was time I gave them a try. Found a good sounding recipe for them at epicurious.com and modified it slightly, I went with straight dark chocolate for the "black" half instead of cocoa frosting. Here's the progression:

Dough ready to bake


Cooling cookies


White glaze


Chocolate side


Plated and ready to go...

2 comments:

Gail said...

Now, back to the cookies. I sure hope you hid a couple of those so we can try them when we get there.:)

SnowLeopard said...

Those are pretty tasty looking! What's in 'em to make them yellow? 7:26 p.m. tomorrow- I'll have to remember to look outside around that time...