Thursday, July 17, 2008

Bringing Home the Birkin

Bringing Home the Birkin: My Life in Hot Pursuit of the World's Most Coveted Handbag Bringing Home the Birkin: My Life in Hot Pursuit of the World's Most Coveted Handbag by Michael Tonello


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
Fun, fun book. Michael Tonello falls into selling high-end fashion on ebay, and somehow ends up specializing in Hermes. Scarves at first, then purses - and wow, $5000-20000 purses. In a personable, chatty style, he tells the story of traveling around the world searching out these purses, and the relationships he has with the people that buy them. Very interesting stuff.


View all my reviews.

3 comments:

Michael Tonello said...

thanks for writing about my book.
be well!
michael~

Turi Becker said...

Sure; I really enjoyed it. Don't know if you're following comments here, but I make duct tape wallets and purses as a hobby, and was thinking of trying to make a duct tape Birkin just for fun. If I make one (maybe a half-size one or something) would you like me to send you one?

SnowLeopard said...

Author comments are awesome! Congrats Turi~ and I think it would be pretty cool if you did make a duct tape Birkin, just for fun. I bet you could sell that for some pretty good $$$ on eBay too... :)