Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Lego Birthday Cake

I read a bunch of geek parent and baking blogs, and had seen this meme go by a few times, so I was excited to try it out. I started with a double batch of fudge cake (from Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook) baked in two loaf pans. Froze them for a couple of days for ease of working, then leveled them and got ready to go:



Set them up on a tray and started frosting. Red first:



Then blue, then stacked the yellow one on top:



Then figured out how to make the studs on top - marshmallows, cut in half and "finger-frosted" worked perfect.



Then it was just some more studs, and some filling in and smoothing:


(Don't know why that one won't rotate...)

I think it was enjoyed...

1 comment:

SnowLeopard said...

That was one cool cake! And a very tasty recipe, I'd like to add. That's a really nice picture of you and Julien BTW; you and two of your creations! Ha ha!