Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Bigfoot

Bigfoot: The Life and Times of a Legend Bigfoot: The Life and Times of a Legend by Joshua Blu Buhs


My review


rating: 3 of 5 stars
I had a boss in the library system who was a Bigfoot witness. Sober, solid, no-nonsense this guy. The way he put it, he just saw something that his mind couldn't explain, and Bigfoot was what he called it. That's always stayed with me. That, and the fact that a coupele of my wife's colleagues up in Oregon had a sighting recently right before this book came across my desk, made me pick this book up.



Bluhs has done an incredible job of collecting the history of Abominable Snowman, Bigfoot and Sasquatch sightings, legends, and scholarship into one place and presenting them as a coherent timeline. Spectacularly footnoted, it gets a little scholarly and folkloric a couple of times, but is mostly very readable.


View all my reviews.

2 comments:

SnowLeopard said...

Sounds like an interesting read! I love myths and legends like these that make you think it just might be possible...

JoshuaBBuhs said...

Thanks for the review! My name's Josh and I'm the author of Bigfoot. I'm glad you enjoyed the book.