Sunday, March 4, 2007

I, Lucifer


Not sure what to say about this one. It was one of those that I started, but didn't think I'd finish, then I didn't have anything else on hand, so I finished it. After a certain point, too, I felt I had to. I, Lucifer is the story, well, of Satan. From the perspective of him as he exists while inhabiting the body of a failed writer/suicide (yep, failed at both) in London. Lots of Britticisms, and a really dry, sarcastic sense of humor that I really like. And what an interesting perspective to write from. Kind of like a car crash; you jest can't look away. Apparently this is going to be a movie in 2008; I'm interested to see how they do it.

(Bonus: he mentions Wombles!)

Book 12

3 comments:

Gail said...

I love the Wombles. I just checked out the official Womble Web site. I didn't realize how many other Womble books are available. Sorry to say, none are at our library! I'd love to collect the original five. Keep your eyes open for me.

Anonymous said...

I just might have to watch this movie, if only because Ewan McGregor plays in it. :) Read a blurb about him today- didn't know he smokes so much! But still a charismatic character.
-A

Turi Becker said...

Yikes, and Daniel Craig will be in it too! I'll have to find a way to see that...