Monday, March 19, 2007

Thunderstruck


I had seen Erik Larson's Devil In The White City go across the counter at the library quit a few times before I finally picked up a copy to read it. It didn't have my usual requirement of non-fiction, a sense of humor, but it had its own thing going: it was totally captivating. I almost didn't want to pick Larson's next book, Thunderstruck, up for fear that it would disappoint. I needn't have worried. Thunderstruck is a fascinating history of the invention and feud over the invention of wireless telegraphy interwoven with a murder mystery that the same wireless technology was instrumental in resolving. The only reason this was slightly less satisfying than his last book was that I was expecting so much. Great read.

Marc, do you want my copy of this for reasons previously discussed?

Book 15

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm good, thanks.

-MT

Anonymous said...

So what did you learn about wireless telegraphy? Now I'm curious. :)
-A