Sunday, April 29, 2007

Ptolemy's Gate


Finished the third book in the Bartimaeus Trilogy, Ptolemy's Gate. Really enjoyed these, so I kind of blazed through them. It was pretty obvious, reading the last book, that this was conceived of and written as a trilogy. There was quite a bit of stuff that, while it stood on its own very well in the first two books, ended up being perfect setups for the final book. Bit of a surprising ending as well, which was nice. And while the ending didn't obviously prepare you for a sequel (or sequel trilogy, who knows) it also left some intriguing possibilities in that direction. If there are any, I'll sure read them.

Book 23

2 comments:

SnowLeopard said...

I really like Johnathan Stroud- I'd also like to read any of his sequels, if he writes them. I think these are the first he's published, and I'd love to see what else he's got up his sleeves.
:)

Turi Becker said...

Just checked the Bartimaeus forums http://bartiforums.com/index.php?act=idx/ , and there are only rumors about sequels. Probably just wishful thinking...