Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My First 100 Marathons

My First 100 Marathons: 2,260 Miles with an Obsessive Runner My First 100 Marathons: 2,260 Miles with an Obsessive Runner by Jeff Horowitz


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
Wasn't expecting it to be such a quick read, but this book flew by - I finished it in a night and a half. Very inspirational, basically a biography of a marathoner. Horowitz takes us from his first marathon experiences running through 100 marathons, a couple of ultras and beyond - in all 50 states and around the world. He has a very healthy and sane view of what running is and what it can mean to people, some of which comes from his own experiences but also from coaching others. As much fun to read for the running talk as for the travelogue. Experienced runners will find the tips at the end of each chapter to be pretty common-sense, but I wish I'd read some of them before I ran my first marathon...


View all my reviews.

No comments: