Saturday, October 18, 2008

On the resilience of muffin recipes


Woke up this morning to a request for bran muffins. As I have a new favorite baking book, I was excited to try out a new recipe.

Turns out this particular recipe was a little too much for my pre-coffee consciousness. LOTS of steps and a sink fill of dishes later, the muffins were in the oven. Looking down on the counter, I saw three ingredients - walnuts, melted butter and raisins - that I had completely forgotten to include. The muffins had already baked to the point where I couldn't pull them out and include the forgotten parts, so I just let them go. And they turned out wonderfully.

1 comment:

SnowLeopard said...

Wow- they turned out without the butter? I can see missing the walnuts and raisins (although, yum!), but that's impressive that they did okay with no fat. Super healthy!