Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Training

So, enough with the books review. I'm away from Reno for a few days attending a training on MARC records as part of my new job as a cataloger. It's being held in San Mateo, CA, at the newly built public library here. I'll be here for four days (today was day 1), heading back to Reno Friday after class. Couple pictures so far:


Morning view from my motel, in Belmont, CA.


Outside the San Mateo library. I'll have to try to get a few more pictures tomorrow; it's really a beautiful facility...

1 comment:

SnowLeopard said...

That library looks huge! That's one thing I love to do when I visit other cities- visit their libraries. :) I didn't get to spend near enough time in the Boston Public Library when I went to PLA 2 years ago, but I was pretty disappointed with their children's section...

Are you enjoying your training, even if you know a lot of it? That's good that you do though- now you can pick up the little details that you might have missed if you were trying to learn Everything overall. It will probably get harder (or more in-depth? more interesting? :) as the week goes on.