Tuesday, February 27, 2007

4th Street


Got to go out to a surprise dinner with Mich at one of our favorite restaurants, 4th St. Bistro tonight. (Mich's mom is spending the night and babysitting.) Had a wonderful meal - Mich had a great potato-leek soup with bacon crumbles and green onion drizzle - it was like a baked potato in a bowl. I started with a baby green salad with pears, pistachios and cocoa nibs. We both had spanish-influenced or flavored main courses - I had the chicken breast on potato puree and peppers with pepper mustard, and Mich had seared ahi with picorillo tapenade. Shared a 2003 Jaffurs Syrah that was very pleasant. I had a tiny, light round chocolate cake with coconut ice cream for dessert, and Mich had their classic Scharfen Berger chocolate tart (most of which she brought home for her mom.) Lovely evening, lovely dinner.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna have to try this place- sounds way better than the bowl of cereal I had for dinner. I can't help but laugh at myself right now and how pathetic that just sounded.
At least I'm good for something, right?
-A

Turi Becker said...

Depends - what kind of cereal was it?

Anonymous said...

Basic 4. Pretty good stuff, actually. Would have been even better if Sean and Ashton hadn't eaten half of it...