Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Books not read

One of the downsides to reading books by a couple of your favorite authors right in a row is that it's hard to follow them up. I can't seem to find anything that's really catching my attention after You Suck and Hurricane Punch. A few that I've started but probably won't finish:
Stuart: A Life Backwards by Alexander Masters
The Yellow House by Martin Gayford
I, Lucifer by Glen Duncan
Before the Dawn by Nicholas Wade
And at least another two that I left at work and can't figure out the titles ofright now...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're reading 7 books right now? Or one, with 6 on hold? And you're not going to go back and finish them? But then you're good at concentrating on several things at once. I've only ever not finished 2 books, and for good reason. If it's that bad that I actually stopped reading, then it's usually also something I can't get out of my head, and the only way to stop thinking about it is to go back and finish it. On of them was "Coraline" by Neil Gaiman because it was terrible and creepy, and yes I do still think about that stupid book, even though it was over a year ago that I read half of it. I won't say what the other is on your blog. I think there'd be an uprising, and I do mean to go back and finish that one some day...
-A

Turi Becker said...

You didn't finish Coraline? I'm disappointed. Gaiman is one of my favorite authors. His stuff usually has pretty satisfactory endings, even if it's creepy along the way.

Anonymous said...

Have you read it? Maybe you can just tell me what happened so I can stop thinking about it...

Turi Becker said...

I think I have. I'll give you the synopsis tomorrow...