Saturday, February 24, 2007

Samurai pie


Been watching the Backyardigans lately - the title of this post is from a season two episode in which a couple of the characters are, well, samurai pie-makers. Who have to defend their pies from pie-stealing ninjas. Anyway. They have to make the "Great Pie" for the empress. Julien wanted to make a "Great Pie" this weekend, so we came up with this. It's apple (Granny Smith) with a layer of pears on top and a few slivers of cream cheese for good luck. (It was a cream cheese crust and I had some left over.) It's half gone now...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks and sounds fantastic! I'm surprised it's not entirely gone! I'm almost afraid to make cupcakes next Wednesday...
-A

Turi Becker said...

Actually, I'm terrible at cupcakes - I can never get the right amount. They either spill over or are these sorry little flat mini-cakes.

Anonymous said...

You're just trying to make me feel good- I bet your cupcakes turn out perfectly golden and fluffy because you whisper to them while they're baking in the oven, and have perfect half-dome tops. Can't fool me. ;)