Thursday, January 11, 2007

Clouds



Couple things going on here. First, we're pretty lucky to live and work in such a beautiful place - Sure, it's windy sometimes, but that sure makes for some majestic cloud formations. This is the view off the back side of the library that we had yesterday. Second, I included both pictures to show what a little photo editing can do - the first is obviously the raw picture I took, but all I did on the second was a quick crop and the "Auto fix" button (I use Microsoft Digital Image Pro 9.) Took all of 12 seconds to do. Sometimes the auto fix overdoes it a little - the yellows are kinda bright here, but it sure makes a striking contrast with the blues in the sky...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're right- it was SUPER windy last night! Kept me up. These almost look like two different pictures, and the contrast is striking. Although, the clouds in the "fixed" picture look more stormy and grey than the first one. My favorite clouds are the ones that look like sedimentary rock- I'm not sure what they are called, but they are all layered, and I can imagine almost walking on them like upside-down steps. Do you ever get the feeling when looking up at a cloud covered sky that you are under water looking up at the surface? Gives a whole new meaning to 'living in a fish bowl.'
-A