Saturday, January 20, 2007

Sezmu


Had dinner last night at a fairly new restaurant in town, Sezmu. Very nice place, fine dining. We shared a "beet study" - beet tartare, a goat-cheese beet sandwich, and roasted beets. I had an awesome salad with Port Salut cheese, pear, dates, and almonds. Mich had a spring roll with tuna that came presented like a sushi roll - really yummy. For the main course, Mich had monkfish with a wild mushroom packet wrapped in swiss chard, and I had snapper with "forbidden black rice" - apparently it was originally only served to royalty. Had a sweet tinge to it - pretty nice. For dessert we shared the fudge cake, which came kind of deconstructed - a little cylindrical cake, a small scoop in coconut ice cream, and a caramel brittle-y thing. Nice coffee, too. I was trying to be stealthy with the photo, and it came out dark - didn't use flash. You can see in the foreground the gigantic pour of cognac they gave Mich.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Night out with no kids? Sounds nice! The food sounds super fancy-I don't think I recognize about half the things you ate, but maybe that's just because my favorite restaurant is the Olive Garden, or the Spaghetti Factory. They need to build one of those in Reno! Thanks for the review though- maybe I'll try it out on a special occasion, and pepper the waiter/waitress with questions about what I might be eating...
-A