Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Digital Camera Presentation

I did a "Beginning Digital Cameras" presentation at the library last night - it was about 30 minutes, plus 10 or so for questions. About 20 people showed up, and most of them brought their cameras (some still in the boxes.) Went through my powerpoint presentation, which covered basic photo taking, file formats, storage, editing, etc. It was basically the same program I had done 3 years ago, slightly updated to reflect higher pixel counts, new websites like flickr, but really, not much has changed. I wish I could do a more in-depth program - how to edit and manipulate your photos, for example. That would be hard, though - there are so many different programs, I don't know how I would pick one to focus on.

2 comments:

Gail said...

Suggestion: Choose your favorite program and create a presentation on that, offer it and see where it leads.

Anonymous said...

You could practice your perfect favorite presentation on me when I finally get a new camera, which you haven't shown me on eBay yet... I'll be your guinea pig. :)
-A