Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Wolf Run



Tried to go and hit some golf balls at the driving range of Wolf Run Golf Club this morning before work - Wolf Run is the University's course, and it's down at the south end of town pretty close to my library. Played it for the first time last year, and I think it's now my favorite course - walking friendly, and really interesting without being gimmicky. Might try to join the men's club there this summer and get my handicap set up. I didn't realize it, but their driving range is torn up, being rebuilt, so that was out. I just putted for a little while...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a nice day! What's a handicap set up?
-A

Turi Becker said...

A handicap is a - well, a handicapping system. It allows players of diferent levels to play against each other competitively. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golf_handicap

Anonymous said...

So it' kind of like grading on a curve? Nice!
-A