Monday, January 29, 2007

You Suck


Managed to finish a book on our trip, too - in the car, I read while Mich drove, as is our tradition. Read Christopher Moore's latest, You Suck - the sequel to Bloodsucking Fiends. Basically kooky vampire humor (though not all of his stuff is vampire-related.) I don't get to recommend Christopher Moore too often; it takes a certain type of twisted humor to enjoy him. Over the weekend, I was talking to my friend Karl about recent books read, and thought he might enjoy Moore's stuff. It's hard to find a good place to start with his stuff - If you're looking for one to try first, I would start with Bloodsucking Fiends, then read A Dirty Job, then this one. Most of his others are pretty good, too, some better than others. Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal is excellent, although a bit different than his other books. Fluke was good, and Karl, you might enjoy The Lust Lizard of Melancholy Cove and The Stupidest Angel, as they both take place in a sleepy northern California beach town. Anyway, read at your own risk - they're addictive, silly, irreverent, profane and fun.

Book 7

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do love a good vampire book! I'll have to add these couple to my list... Thanks for sharing!
-A